Tips for searching the callsign database
Have more questions?
- For the fastest search, enter the complete callsign of the individual you are searching for.
- When using wildcards in callsign searches, enter as much of the callsign as possible.
- Fill in as many fields as possible to speed up the search.
- The more you narrow the search, the faster the data will come back.
- Restrict the number of records returned with the limit number.
- An HTML document with 10 records will download much faster than one with 1000 records.
- When searching for a name, narrow the search by adding a comma at the end of the search string:
- Johns, will return all records with last names of Johns.
- Johns (without a comma) will return names like Johnson.
- Try matching as much of the name or city as you can.
- Craig, Ma will get you all Marks, Marys, etc.
- Medford will return up to 1000 records from Medford, OR and Medford, MA in no particular order.
- Don't search for states. It will not work.
- Use states to narrow the searches like all Smiths in Oregon.
- Zip codes must be exact matches.
- 99999 will return only the records that exactly match that zip code.
- Zip+4 searches must have all nine digits. Dashes are not important.
Home Page -
Amateur Radio Links
- Mark A. Downing (WM7D)